Emma and Brian play a lot of chase. Lately, other than eating about the only time they get to spend together is five minutes or so playing chase. Our little girl LOVES, ADORES, and ANTICIPATES those five or so minutes every day. Her entire personality comes out in full force, her eyes twinkle, and her grin goes from ear to ear. I could definitely say the same about my husband, even in his sleep deprived, over worked state these days. I adore watching them.
I don't get to play because I don't "Do it like Daddy, Mommy!" and Emma is very adamant about getting her Daddy time without Mommy playing. So, I sit in the chair, or on the stairs and watch the two of them, and enjoy every single second of it, as much as they do.
Recently Brian has started hiding as he's chasing Emma, letting her come and find him, and with him jumping out to surprise her. It quickly goes from "Chase" to Hide 'N Seek. Emma LOVES to seek. We're working very hard on counting to ten, and she can say all the numbers, she just doesn't get them in the correct order. So... she counts "5, 8, 6, 9" and then takes off running to find Brian. I give her a pointer as to whether he went upstairs or downstairs (I'm quickly deciding that our four floors will make for some TERRIFIC games of hide 'n seek as she gets older.), and off she goes to find him.
When she hides, she races to the spot Brian just came from, and waits while he counts to ten. When he gets to ten and says "Here I come" she comes racing and giggling out of her spot. We've tried explaining she's supposed to wait till Daddy comes to find her. Oh well! As long as she's having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment