Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Being Careful What you Wish For!

So everyone was telling me, "dont wish Emma to start crawling or standing up" "Put a brick on her head so she doesnt start" and while I think many of them were right standing and crawling were silly things to wish for, Im very glad Emma has stopped whinning about not being able to get to where she wants to be!

However new problems have come about. This morning I put her as far away from the dog toys to play with her toys while I got our breakfast ready. I stepped out of the room for just a moment and when I came back in she was completely across the room playing in the basket of dog toys.... I dont really mind her playing with the dog toys, however, we have finially got the dogs to leave her toys alone, so it only seems fair that they leave hers alone too! (She however has another idea!)

Last night, after failing to get her to settle down for bed, I left Brian in charge... He put her in her crib and she was far more interested in standing up in her crib then she was in going to sleep, finially after much stubborness on both of their parts Emma went to sleep around 10pm.

Emma is so proud of her new found mobility. You ask her "Emma what do you think youre doing" as shes crawling across the floor, or standing up holding on to the couch, and she gets the greatest biggest grin on her face. What a site it is.

So the tired mommy and her three kids (Emma and two dogs) and their four legged mobility is thankful for Emma's new found talents, but wishes for just a moment that she would be alittle less mobile!

"Standing all by myself!"


Emma Crawling

(Note: She was supposed to be sleeping!)


1 comment:

Mary said...

Yeah!! I'm your 1st comment!! I love your blog. Emma is so freakin' cute!! I love her!! We miss you guys!!