So, as some know, our bathrooms are very tiny - you have to be pushed up against the towel rack to get the door open, because the sink and the toilet are in the way....So, we've been avoiding giving Emma a bath in there, and instead have been using the kitchen sink. Well last week, after giving Emma a bath, and seeing that my front was went, and that there was water all around the sink, I decided it might be time to upgrade to the bath tub....
So... last weekend we (Brian, Emma and I) all piled into the bathroom to expierence Emma's first "Big Girl Bath". The things I read said to expect a screaming fit the first time, to put them in the tub empty and let them play first, ect. Well I put her in the tub fully clothed and she gave me this look "Okay mom, now what!" So we stripped her down, put some water in the tub, gave her some toys and told her she could splash as much as she wanted. We bathed her, and let her play, she had some water to drink (normal bath routine) and then she decided she was done, so she pulled herself to standing using the side of the tub and reached for me.
I was kinda hoping she wouldnt like the bath tub... mostly because its so ackward in our bathroom, however she loves it, so I guess we're stuck! My baby girl is too big for the sink :-(
Emma's 1st "Big Girl" Bath
1 comment:
Again, she is SO cute!! My kids have ALWAYS loved the bath. I do Eli's bath after Cale and Addy go to bed, and we just sit and chat...well, I talk and he coos at me. I love it.
Post a Comment