(Our Village - We haven't made any new ones since Emma, maybe because we have our hands full?!)
When Emma got up from her nap she was pretty confused. We have to move furniture around (doesn't everyone?!) to put our tree up so before she even got to the living room she realized something was different. When she did come into the living room (after pondering it for some time) she decided to investigate the tree by smelling it. After deciding it smelled okay, she went ahead and touched it, and then had to investigate the box with our ornaments in it. (Photo's below)
Looking at the Advent. Since this picture was taken Emma can now tell you which one is Baby Jesus. Its soo cute to listen to her say Jesus. We'll try to get a video so you all can have a chuckle! (Of course she tried to tell us EVERYONE was Jesus, and we had to clarify)
Decorating the Christmas Tree - Emma's Technique: Piling the ornaments on the tree. Since putting the tree, we're working on the concept of 1 ornament at a time, otherwise she ends up with a pile of 4, 5, 6, 7 or more to look at and hang off her bike handles.
Funny Story: So Emma was hanging her ornaments on the handle bars of her bicycle, and Brian said to her "Oh how Fancy Emma." Well that girl took off for the bookshelf and Brian and I looked at one another like "No, she's not going to go get her Fancy Nancy Book". Well all she could see was the spine of the book, and guess what, that was the book she picked and she brought it back to Brian and handed it to him, climbed up into his lap, and they read Fancy Nancy. For all those who don't know, Fancy Nancy is an eccentric little girl, who does everything Fancy and I got one of the books for Emma after a recommendation by them from our friend Mary (Who said every little girl needs Fancy Nancy and I'd agree). I thought oh, she'll love it in a few years, well apparently she loves it now! So some day I'm sure we'll be eating with our pinky's up, and calling one another darling!
Gus - Tuckered out from all the happenings. Yes, he sleeps like this frequently. Brian keeps telling him to act like a man!
"Are you really asleep Gus?!"
Do you think she spends too much time hanging out with our dogs?!
Part of Thanksgiving Dinner... BEFORE the meltdown (we had to have a redo Thanksgiving Friday, without the meltdown of all meltdowns!)
1 comment:
I LOVE the Fancy Nancy Books!! I'm so glad you got those for her. Addy and I read them over and over again!!
Post a Comment