Wearing a dress Grammy made with fabric my cousin brought back from Africa when she was here the end of July. Our VERY white little girl looks pretty cute in African fabric!
We arrived in Ohio almost two weeks ago, and I say, I'm pretty darn sure we're all pretty much in love with our new home!!
We arrived in Ohio almost two weeks ago, and I say, I'm pretty darn sure we're all pretty much in love with our new home!!
She is obsessed with having her picture taken these days,
the only problem is she wants to make cheesy faces while saying cheese!
We drove into the drive way of our new house and Emma immediately got excited. Some way, some how that darling smarty pants of a daughter remembered this house and us telling her it was going to be ours. We opened the front door and my Mom asked Emma if she would show Grammy where her new room was. Sure enough Emma headed up the stairs, down the hall, the whole way checking to make sure Grammy was following and into her new room. Her face when she saw the back yard again was priceless!! Emma has gone back to sleeping 12-13 hours a night, and eating three HUGE meals (we're talking three or four bowls of cereal, a full real lunch, and seconds and thirds with dessert for dinner)!
Sorry the video is on its side, I don't know how to flip it, and silly me forgot that I didn't know how to flip it and took it this way. Emma and Gus running around the backyard.
Our dogs, after being in the back yard for all of 5 minutes, escaped under the fence and the neighbor was over here ringing the doorbell asking if those were our dogs meeting the neighborhood. Once the dogs realized we were staying, they've been in absolute heaven and haven't escaped again. Brian and I have NEVER EVER seen our two dogs soo tired. They haven't even been pests to get up in the morning.
Daddy & Emma deep in conversation
Minus a few house issues (clogged drain pipe to the air conditioner that made a HUGE mess the first night in the laundry room, washing machine valves leaking and needing to be replaced, dry event in need of help, one of the kitchen drains not really together, a garage door opener with a mind of its own - opens and closes when it feels its okay) I'd say Brian and I are pretty much in love too. We're less than five minutes from a huge grocery store, a Lowes, a Home Depot, and a Target. Seeing our baby girl and our two dogs sooo happy makes it pretty darn hard for us to be happy too!
Emma being a cat...
Waiting for Daddy to finish in the shed. She's just a tad bit of a Daddy's girl... and by I tad bit, I mean she idolizes him and I think its just adorable! We ask her who loves her and she ALWAYS says "DADDY!!!" and never says Mommy.
I don't have a lot of inside pictures yet as there are lots of things we'd like to do and there are still a few boxes here and there. I'll try to get some pictures but no one is allowed to hold judgement on the wall color and the lack of matching with our decor. The living room, dining room, kitchen and playroom are all a very similar yellow/gold color that was getting on my nerves but its growing on me, and I think we might pick a similar color for the kitchen, dining room and living room. Our living room currently has no furniture other than two bookshelves and our hall table.
Practicing kicking
If that's not a happy kid I don't know what is!
(One thing I do miss is a gas stove, not our gas stove from New Mexico because the burners would never light half the time, but a gas stove, I miss cooking with gas and am still adjusting back to electric.)
I knew we had a climber, but I didn't think we had a monkey...
I'm beginning to think she's part monkey!
2 comments:
glad to see you guys got out there safe and sound, and it seems traveling went relatively uneventful. seeing the shots of your backyard make me miss grass, the kind you can run barefoot in! that dress looks super cute on her, i have an outfit made of the same print, check out my blog. hope all is well! enjoy your new house!
-melissa
ps good luck on the compost pile
I think baby Eli went to same place baby Emma went!! No longer babies anymore!! SO SAD!! But she is still a doll!!! I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment