We have a talker. Her name is Emma. She talks, and talks, and talks A LOT!!! From the moment she wakes up in the morning, to the moment she falls asleep at night she talks. Brian gets very overwhelmed I think first thing in the morning, as he needs a while before he wants to talk, or listen to anyone else talk (as I discovered very early on in our relationship).
Today while running I took a different route than I normally take. This one doesn't have sidewalks, so I have to run on the road, not a bid deal, I just take my right earbud out so I can still hear the traffic, and my music. Well, I expierence first hand how much Emma really talks! I do a five minute warm-up walk, a twenty minute jog, and a five minute cool-down. She talked/sang NON-STOP for 30 minutes, it was soo cute! She always gets to bring one friend and her blanket if she chooses, today Elmo got to hear it all.
Yesterday the dogs were rough-housing down in the play-room and Emma told me she was going to sing to them so that they would lay down and go to sleep. Such a riot! Well she sang: "Row row row boat down the street (thats how Grandma Bohan sings it, so why not?!), Mary Mary Mary"..... dogs are still rough-housing, Jake is growling at Gus and Emma says "Mommy I don't think Jake likes that song, Emma sing Twinkle Twinkle Star instead." Well I guess in Emma's world of songs, Twinkle Twinkle Star is part that, part Jingle Bells, part the alphabet song, and part Row Row your Boat. She didn't have much luck getting the doggies to "go to sleep".
No comments:
Post a Comment