Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kissing is for Family...

So last week sometime Emma started telling knock knock jokes. She isn't very good at them its more of:
Emma: "Knock Knock"
Sad person who suckered themselves into this (Brian or me): "Who's there"
Emma: "Mickey Mouse"
Sucker: "Mickey Mouse Who?"
Emma: "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!"
Sucker: Stands there with a bewildered look on their face preparing for the next line of make no sense knock knock series.

Both of us were clueless as to where she picked up the idea from, I thought it might have been from Sid the Science kid. Well today folks, I got my answer, and it wasn't the answer I was expecting. We walked into school this afternoon and I was helping Emma get her coat hung up and such I heard one of the little boys in Emma's class telling Ms. Dawn (the teacher), a knock knock joke. Guess what? It was about as cheesy and pointless as the ones Emma has been telling. So, we get in the classroom, I say to Ms. Dawn: "I guess I figured out where she's getting the knock knock jokes from".

At which point she just starts laughing and says: "Oh yeah I forgot to mention last week" and then in a mouthed whisper pointing at Emma and the little boy (who will remain nameless for his sake :-p) "KISSED"! As I stood there with my jaw on the floor she continued to say "We had a conversation about how kissing is for family and not friends, I told Nameless boy's Mom and she busted out laughing, but forgot to tell you. Tuesday I guess she (Emma) tried again because I overheard Nameless Boy say to Emma: "Kissing is for family!" At this point I'm laughing, embarrassed, and quite amused all at the same time.

Apparently our sweet, innocent little not even 3.5 year old has a crush on one of the little boys in her class (I must say of the three boys in there she picked the quietest, cutest one of the bunch!). Of course I get back out to the truck (after picking my jaw up off the floor) and HAD to call Brian to share the story with him. He wasn't so sure it was funny, or amusing. In fact his exact words were "I guess its time to get a shot gun, I wasn't expecting to need one quite yet!"

If anyone has any advice on how to fast-forward through the teen years PLEASE let me know, because I can only imagine what she's going to do as a teen if she's already taken to, and started kissing boys!

1 comment:

Mary said...

SOOOOO funny!!! She is so cute!!