Emma's fourth tooth came through this week! Which is good because Brian had started calling her snaggle tooth because the other top tooth has gotten so big.
Emma's new favorite game is going into her bedroom, opening her dresser drawers and pulling their entire contents out and throwing them on the floor. She also likes to go in and take all of her books off from the bookshelf. Brian wants to know when she's going to start putting things back! He's afraid she's going to be like her mother and not put things away when she's done! (TO be fair - sometimes I get distracted by a child, or Gus who is always getting into some sort of mischief)
Emma is standing more and more by herself. The other day she was standing all by herself and started clapping so energetically that she fell over - Steve (my boss) and I suggested that maybe she hold off on clapping while standing on her own until she figures it out a bit better! Emma also likes to walk us all over the house, and can walk with help for longer and longer stretches before she gets tired and sits down.
We went to our friends' house the other night for dinner and discovered that Emma loves to crawl up stairs! (Dont worry they were only the little pet stairs for their little dogs) She was quite the pro, and when I helped her she even walked up and down them pretty well. It was pretty funny because she kept trying to sit but realized there was no place to rest her butt while she was crawling up the little stairs.
Emma has also been talking a lot more. She says Dad (sometimes it sounds like dat), dag or gag is dog, dak is Jake, and she also says gus gus but it sounds more like dus dus. She says mama but only when shes upset and needs help, or is tired and ready for a rest (aren't I just special!) She talks with her toys every day all the way to work and all the way home. I have to study her speech some more as I think she has a common sound she's been using when she's questioning what something is.
She's still doing wonderfully at work! Everyone has their own special Emma space in their office. She absolutely LOVES envelopes and will steal them at every chance she gets, so the bookkeeper has taken to hiding the good envelopes and having a stash of already used envelopes where the new ones used to be, and Emma knows where they are and goes in Cheryl's office, opens the draw and takes out her special envelopes. (She's just a wee bit spoiled, as they all adore her and want to do whatever to make Emma happy!)
She had her first grilled cheese sandwich this weekend and LOVED it, granted she loves almost everything we've given her! She wasnt a fan of cottage cheese, and Brian said she was a smart kid! I cut up some asparagus for her the other night and she tasted it and then started handing the pieces back to me for me to eat.... I dont think she liked it so much!
Everyday I'm so thankful for our little bundle, she adds so much joy to all our lives. (Even when she's spilling/playing in the dog water, getting into EVERY THING, and emptying the contents of her dresser drawers!)
Emma's new favorite game is going into her bedroom, opening her dresser drawers and pulling their entire contents out and throwing them on the floor. She also likes to go in and take all of her books off from the bookshelf. Brian wants to know when she's going to start putting things back! He's afraid she's going to be like her mother and not put things away when she's done! (TO be fair - sometimes I get distracted by a child, or Gus who is always getting into some sort of mischief)
Emma is standing more and more by herself. The other day she was standing all by herself and started clapping so energetically that she fell over - Steve (my boss) and I suggested that maybe she hold off on clapping while standing on her own until she figures it out a bit better! Emma also likes to walk us all over the house, and can walk with help for longer and longer stretches before she gets tired and sits down.
We went to our friends' house the other night for dinner and discovered that Emma loves to crawl up stairs! (Dont worry they were only the little pet stairs for their little dogs) She was quite the pro, and when I helped her she even walked up and down them pretty well. It was pretty funny because she kept trying to sit but realized there was no place to rest her butt while she was crawling up the little stairs.
Emma has also been talking a lot more. She says Dad (sometimes it sounds like dat), dag or gag is dog, dak is Jake, and she also says gus gus but it sounds more like dus dus. She says mama but only when shes upset and needs help, or is tired and ready for a rest (aren't I just special!) She talks with her toys every day all the way to work and all the way home. I have to study her speech some more as I think she has a common sound she's been using when she's questioning what something is.
She's still doing wonderfully at work! Everyone has their own special Emma space in their office. She absolutely LOVES envelopes and will steal them at every chance she gets, so the bookkeeper has taken to hiding the good envelopes and having a stash of already used envelopes where the new ones used to be, and Emma knows where they are and goes in Cheryl's office, opens the draw and takes out her special envelopes. (She's just a wee bit spoiled, as they all adore her and want to do whatever to make Emma happy!)
She had her first grilled cheese sandwich this weekend and LOVED it, granted she loves almost everything we've given her! She wasnt a fan of cottage cheese, and Brian said she was a smart kid! I cut up some asparagus for her the other night and she tasted it and then started handing the pieces back to me for me to eat.... I dont think she liked it so much!
Everyday I'm so thankful for our little bundle, she adds so much joy to all our lives. (Even when she's spilling/playing in the dog water, getting into EVERY THING, and emptying the contents of her dresser drawers!)
This is fun!
Hi Mom! Im not doing anything!
1 comment:
awww look she gets into trouble all on her own! how cute!
Post a Comment