I have a serious sickness, more like an addiction. It's over taking me to the point where I can't sit still, it causes my heart rate to increase, I can't wait to put Emma to bed so this addiction can have my full and complete attention, and then I'm antsy and anxious. This addiction is causing me to loose large amounts of sleep on repeated occasions. This addiction is apparently contagious, as it has worn off on my husband as well.
My addiction... I'm addicted to the Olympics, more specifically, Michal Phelps, gymnastics (specifically women's), the US Women's Beach Volleyball team, and who knows what else, as it seems the list grows on a daily bases.
IT all began last Friday night. After being mesmerized by parts of the opening ceremony (even though some of it was reportedly not actually 'real'), each day that passes my sickness grows. Me, who is normally in bed asleep no later than 9:30 during the week, has been awake two nights this week until well after 11pm, last night it was more like almost 1am. Even the nights that I haven't stayed awake that long, I've still stayed awake long past my normally passed out to the world stage.
As I mentioned this addiction is contagious. Brian started out being bored and uninterested with the Olympics, pretty normal for my non-sport watching husband. Well, with him as the week has progressed he has become just as obsessed as I have. Not that he would let on, he's tried on many occasions through out the week to blame me for this disease, but he knows full well that I didn't inflict it all upon him!
So yeah there is our sickness, our addiction. I have a suspicion we are not the only ones suffering from this addiction/sickness!
No comments:
Post a Comment