Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mommy & Daddy Date

Brian and I have been married for almost four years (in May), and since we were married I can think of one formal occasion we've been to - that being Joanna's wedding in June. Since we got to Holloman, we've missed two events. The first year I was pregnant, and we opted to babysit for some friends so they could go, and I didn't have to try to find a "sexy" dress while being pregnant. Last year Brian was supposed to be gone on a TDY so we didn't go. This year I told him he didn't have a choice and he needed to take his beautiful wife to Dining Out.
Dining Out (for you non military folk), is a very dressy occasion, military members have to wear a very formal uniform. The uniform itself is one of the reasons we haven't been. It was over $300 (and Brian painted some 2LT rank so he didn't have to spend another $40 on rank). It then cost $40 in alterations, and $10 to get it cleaned.
I would say all in all it was worth it because it was great to get dressed up with my handsom husband, and we had a wonderful evening.

Yeah - isn't he HOT! I love you sweetie!!
(I told him I fell in love with him all over again!
I'd better be careful or he'll think I married him for the uniform!)

Not sure why my head is cocked away! I really do love him!!! :-p

Our Beautiful Family (Emma couldn't stop touching my dress it was very cute!)
(Sorry for the grainyness of the pictures, these pictures all seemed to come out grainy...)

1 comment:

Mary said...

You guys look great! I'm glad you had fun!!