Its been a week of a few firsts....
In early December I went to check on Emma while she was napping (when I hear her and then she gets suddenly quiet it generally means shes up to no good.... taking her poopy diaper off, ect.), and she was sitting on the rail of her crib with her feet under the blanket bar. I said to Brian, we have to do something about that.
Then we went east for Christmas (hoping it would buy us more time to come up with a good fix). By the time we left New York we had a plan. Brian ordered the wood, and over the next few weeks we found Emma on top of her crib several more times. Last Friday Brian put her down for a nap and she got quiet, so he thought she had gone to sleep, then all of a sudden he heard her cheering and clapping.... NOT A GOOD SIGN! So he opened the door and she was sitting on top of the crib so proud of herself, till he said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" and she climbed back into the crib safely.

This is cool, I can get out!
After some issues finishing a toddler bed rail, Brian was finially happy with the final product on Tuesday, we decided however, that we would wait for this change on the weekend.

(Before it was finished - notice the difference in the color.)
Thursday morning, I got up, got ready to go to work, ate my breakfast, and still hadn't heard my Baby Girl, and it was almost time to go. As I opened her door, I was overwhelmed by a terrible smell. At some point our baby girl had gotten sick and had thrown up several times all over her crib, her Curious George. I was overwhelmed... I don't do puke... I was like, well you clearly need a bath before we go to work (silly mommy for thinking we were going to work!!), and then I started cleaning up, realizing how silly I was to think I was going to work! After getting everything cleaned up (while my husband ate his breakfast and got ready for work), without creating more throw up to clean up, I sat down with Emma on the couch and gave her some juice.... First Time Mom, First time with sick baby... BIG MISTAKE! Part way through her watered down juice it all came back up all over both of us. Niether Emma or I was very impressed! So Emma lived off water and crackers the rest of the day!

I'm not sure about this guys...
When Brian got home I asked him about transitioning her to the toddler bed (as I had decided work the next day was out too), but we decided if she was going to be sick again we prefered her be contained!

But I can get out...
So last night, with Emma doing better (she's still not quite herself yet), we decided to make the change so she would have three nights to transition before the work week started. We put her to bed, and although she wasn't quite sure about this new "thing" she settled right down and fell asleep. I heard her this morning and up I got, let the dogs out, and the whole time she was hollering "DAD, DAD, DAD!" (She still doesn't say Mom, and always calls for Brian, even though I get her!) In I went to find her still in her bed, its like she thought she was supposed to stay there! We'll see how nap time goes....

I have decided one good thing about sick children is they actually cuddle with you! However, I can't believe how much my Baby has grown, and I wish I could make her stop! She's showing increased interest in potty training, and acting more and more like a big girl, and less like a baby! I tear up everytime I think about it.
2 comments:
You know what it means when they aren't babies anymore?!?! Time to have another one!! : ) She' so cute...she seems so adventurous!!
With the week I've had, I dont every want another! (Just kidding, I say that till I see another baby, or I wish for her to be a baby again!) She's definetely adventurous- its kinda scary!!!
Post a Comment