Monday, January 12, 2009

Taco Bell

Every now and then Brian and I have a desire for some Taco Bell, however, we have found you can't just eat it whenever, you have to eat it when you have access to your own bathroom (I'll with-hold any more information than that!)

I had never been to the Taco Bell here in Alamogordo. I've become pretty accustomed to walking into places here in Alamogordo, and feeling awkward, overdressed, out of place, very white (lots of Mexicans here), ect. Well Taco Bell was no exception to that. We got outside and both Brian and I looked at one another and said "Um, yeah!" I was wearing a sweatshirt, sneakers, and jeans, and I felt over dressed! Emma and I had gotten dressed out of our jammies, and Brian out of his oil stained, big whole in the knee jeans, to go to Taco Bell and walmart, and quite honestly we would have been over dressed had we walked in there like that too!

Got to love Alamogordo! Looking forward to Ohio where I can shop some where other than WALMART! And we don't have to get excited about eating at Taco Bell for a change!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Boy can I relate living in Abilene!! Wal-Mart is a must have but it sucks when it's ALL you have!!

mperry421 said...

hey be happy at least you have a walmart or a place where you can buy a bike tire, generator, posssibly get a haircut the one in maine was like that and buy ice cream all in the same place the nearest place for me to do that doesnt exsist in benin. something eles that isnt here very often, white people. i can understand where youre coming from on that one. i look around and realize im the only white person and people are staring and ask me to marry them and they want to touch my hair... you get the idea. there really isnt a better place to eat than taco hell?? with all those mexicans there should be good mexican food, or one would think. ha ha miss you guys give emma and brian hugs for me.
melissa