So, until last night, I hadn't freaked out too much, or been stressing overly about everything we have to do before we move and the actual moving part...
I go into bed ready to relax, and just freaked out! I went running into the office and grabbed some paper and a pen and the clipboard, and Brian looked at me like I was crazy (which we all know I am), and said "What are you doing?!" "I can't sleep, I need to get all this jumbled mess out of my head" and off I went.
I'm freaking out about everything I need to remember to pack with us and not let the packers pack, everything that we'll have to have set aside before they come. Last time we moved it was just Brian, Jake and I. Packing stuff for Jake was easy - his bed, his food, his water dish and food dish, and a bone. This time I have to pack stuff for Brian (okay lets me honest I don't really pack for Brian, that's HIS job!), Jake, Emma, Gus, My Mom and I! Things like blankets for our "camping" adventure, towels so that when we shower we have a way to dry ourselves off, our PCS (moving) chairs so we don't have to sit on the floor till our stuff gets to us (trust me you can only eat soo many meals sitting on the floor before you start to go crazy!) I need to remember to pack fun things for Emma to do in the car, the list just goes on and on and on. Then I started freaking out about how we're going to fit everything into the car and the truck, I stopped when I decided I'd just leave that up to Brian to figure out!!! (I can already see him standing in the drive-way glaring at me like "WHERE THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO PUT ALL THIS STUFF?!" like he does every time we move!)
What are we going to do with the dogs the first two days the packers are there?! Last time Jake went to visit Bear his bestest friend.
Although I may sound all cool and relaxed about moving, I'm freaking out inside. I think I always overreact about the small silly stuff that no one in the right mind should worry about, because they don't really have control anyway!
I must say I'm scared out of my pants about the four day drive with two dogs (one of which can't sit still to save his life) and a 2 year old (did I mention she doesn't sit still much better than the dog that can't sit still. All I can say is thank goodness my Mom is coming out to help us, because I know when Brian and I reach the point of completely frazzled and overwhelmed my Mom will be there to talk to Emma and calm her down, and talk to me and calm me down, or just get us to laugh hysterically so we forget what we were freaked about! She won't care if Emma decides to scream in the car for an entire day (well she will but she won't let me know, till well after the fact, when I've forgotten just how stressful it was!), or when we're on day four, and all of us hate one another and say and do things we don't really mean, just because we've been shut up in a car, she won't take them personally because she knows we're almost done!
Stay tuned as I'm sure we'll have some good stories to tell in the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment