Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunset Stroll

Please click on this picture and look at it bigger, its just sooo beautiful!!

We've been here in New Mexico almost three years and Brian had yet to go on the Sunset Stroll out at White Sands. I had gone with Brian's parents when Emma was only a few months old and she stayed with GGma at the house. We always talk about going but never make it happen, so last weekend we brought it up again and decided we'd plan for Friday.

Thursday rolled around and I talked to my great friend LeighAnn, who I haven't seen in a few weeks because she was crazy busy with VBS stuff and then ran away to New York for the 4th (I was super jealous she got to go east for the 4th!), and we decided we should all go to the Sunset Stroll on Friday. So off we went!

To say Emma had a great time would be a complete and total under estimate of just how much fun she had! She was in total love that we pretty much just let her run around like a crazy fool, and didn't have too many rules for her. She rolled in the sand, she layed belly down in the sand while putting her face in the sand, she ate some sand, she let the sand filter out of her fingers into her hair, she layed in the sand on her back and made "sand angels" - how she remembered from christmas I don't have a clue but I no longer underestimate this child and the things she can remember, she road down the sand dunes on her butt, while the sand piled up in the pant legs of her shorts, and she was able to be totally two! It was soo much fun to watch, and yes we did cringe as the child ate some sand (it seems as though it had no adverse affects on her or her bodily functions, THANKFULLY!)

(Please note the lack of shoes! My darling husband was going to make her wear sneakers, I told him that was not an option, that this child needed to run around in the sand like a crazy fool, his response: "You mean like a granola cruncher?" to which I responded "Absolutely and I will be joining her!" After all I wouldn't make the child wear shoes on the beach, so why would I at the really GIGANTIC beach that just doesn't have water?!)

It reminded me that I really don't hate everything about New Mexico, and that there are some things I'm actually going to miss - playing out at White Sands is one of them, and the wonderful people we've met and the great friendships we've formed.

1 comment:

mperry421 said...

yes please let her run around like a granola cruncher! he's got a kid with a bit of hippie in her, how is she going to grow up to be a chill adult if she doesn't grow up relaxed? good job for letting her run around barefooted! hope moving goes well!