Monday, January 11, 2010

Emma "isms"

Not sure everyone will find this as amusing as I do, but its more for memories purposes.

Repeating things:
~"Duck Mama Duck" which really is Emma for Stuck. She now goes through moments where I'm pretty sure she purposefully gets herself stuck just so she can say it. We've worked very hard on getting her to add the 's' and she now does about 50% of the time.

~Bye Daddy, Bye Daddy, Drive safe Daddy, Good luck Daddy, Bye Daddy (continue on for several minutes and this is what Brian leaves to in the morning).

~While in the grocery store Emma requested Orange Juice more times than I could keep track of. The Girl LOVES her orange juice, and wanted to make sure I didn't forget. I remembered. Then when we were standing in line checking out, and older lady behind us in line asked me "Did you finally get her the orange juice?"

Board Games:
~Emma has decided that Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders should be a nightly occurrence in our house. Of course seeing how excited she gets makes it worth the trying of our patients that happens when we play.

~"One More, One More" aka- I want to play again. "No Emma, we already played twice, Mommy finally won, we're all done tonight, we can play another night" "I guess" (with a pout on her face).

Bathroom:
~Brian and I are no longer allowed to go to the bathroom without getting the third degree when we come out. She wants to know whether we peed or pooped, and sometimes she even still cheers for us....

~Taking her clothes off less and less to poop.

~Will fart and blame it on ANYONE! Even Daddy who is at school.

Birthdays and Glue:
~Emma is OBSESSED with birthdays. She sings "Happy Birthday" almost every single day! She makes up peoples birthdays just so she'll have someone to sing to. The other day according to Emma it was Minnie's and Daisy Duck's Birthdays.

~Not only does she sing "Happy Birthday" she also "bakes" or requests that we bake Birthday Cake. She also takes pieces of paper and wraps "Treasures" up in them and then hands them to Brian and I and says "Happy Birthday Mama", and I'm supposed to open it and get super excited.

~Emma has a strong LOVE and a bit of an obsession with Glue. I really think this is the only reason she enjoys story time- we do a craft project, almost always using glue.

~Brian hadn't quite experienced Emma's love for glue until this past weekend when he helped her fix some of her art projects that had come unglued. She started jumping up and down and squealing in delight. I asked if he expected to make her quite that happy, and he said he knew it would make her happy but hadn't thought it would make her THAT happy!

~The other day while we were waiting for the truck blower to get fixed Emma asked me when we could go home, I responded with "when the truck is done being fixed" and she asked if they were fixing it with glue....I had to inform her that we don't fix trucks with glue, at least not big trucks that Mommys and Daddys drive!

Other Funnies:
~Brian's dear sweet mother taught Emma to twirl her finger and say cuckoo, so now we'll be walking along and she'll just start doing it. When you ask her whose cuckoo it is generally Mama and Daddy, NEVER Emma.

~Emma twirls herself in circles now saying "Emma Dizzy"

~Working on galloping and skipping

~Quite the pro jumper, Mama just wishes she wouldn't jump down the stairs!

~Rides down the stairs on her bump 50% of the time, and sometimes like a seal on her belly.

~Emma calls snow "nose"

~If things aren't working quite the way she wants them to she'll look at us and say "Broke, Broke" For instance- yesterday she was struggling with the door to the garage, after running into it and kicking it a few times (not using the handle), she turned to Brian and said "Daddy broke" pointing at the door. Brian informed her that maybe that isn't the most productive way to get the door open.

Height- ~37"

Weight- ~30 lbs

Eyes- Oh soo beautiful blue

Hair- more and more every day, most of the time its pretty disheveled, and she's not a big fan of leaving her barrettes or elastics in.... With the winter dryness the last few weeks after rubbing her hair all over the couch every piece sticks up in the air, I'll keep trying to get a picture!

No comments: