Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gus' First Hike

A few weekends ago we took the kids (Emma, Jake and Gus) to Cloudcroft for a hike. It was a hike Brian, Jake and I had done just after we found out I was pregnant with Emma, so it was nice to take everyone back to it. There was still snow in the mountains which was very neat for Brian and I because we were there in the fall last time, and Jake had an absolute blast as he LOVES the snow, and we haven't had any this year (much the opposite of my Mom and Brother who say they are living in an igloo in VT!)

We packed a picnic lunch and stopped part way through at a clearing with a bench. Gus was very thankful because at that point he was really ready to be done, and wasn't particularly thrilled with the snow! Emma loved the hike, and enjoyed being in the back pack on Brian's back, watching the dogs and just taking in the beautiful outdoors.
Emma

Daddy & Emma


Emma, Jake & Gus

Mommy & Emma

Jake Frolicking in the Snow

No comments: