Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brian Flying Pictures

So after downloading pictures from our camera I diescovered we took almost 200 pictures! WOW! (I think we love Vermont!) So I'm going to post different pictures by category. Here are some flying pictures:

A little background first, Brian had not flown a plane since pilot training, and those of you who know him know that was not a positive expierence for him at all. I've encouraged him since leaving pilot training to go up flying again as a civilian. Although I didn't know Brian for very much of his civilian flying days, I know how much he loved it. I assured him that when he decided he was ready, we'd find the money.

So we arrived in Vermont on Wednesday, and Brian went flying with my brother Nathan on Friday to get recertified to fly because it had been so long, and to get checked out on the plane so we could rent it while we were there. Nathan and Brian came back Friday night with some great stories, and both raving about how much fun they had. Brian also got to take his dad up, my uncle and brother (again), and I also got to go (I was supposed to fly but it wasn't the best flying day, and I was terrified of breaking us and the plane!!! After all it is me!!)

Caspian Lake - you can buy pictures like this in Vermont for several hundred dollars, and I'm going to try to get one of them blown up for my living room, so I can always be at camp!



If you click on the picture you can see our camp, and my brother standing out on the raft waving at Brian and I. Our camp is the third to the left from the corner.

I was incharge of getting pictures of the plane from the ground while Brian and his Dad were up flying.... well we all know (ESPECIALLY BRIAN), that I'm not very good at taking pictures in focus and certainly not while moving, or of moving things. Brian admitted I did pretty darn good of getting these two pictures in focus!

Our camp is just to the write of the date in this picture (with the field in the background). If you click on the picture you can see me standing on the dock.



This is a picture of the village where my Mom lives, and my brother and I grew up. You can see the floating bridge at one end of town and the white church at the other end of town.



My brother had to ride in the back of the plane twice (with Uncle Randy in the back they would have never left the ground! :-P) So he had to take a picture to share just how little room there was. The second time he went flying he went barefoot because he said he had more room!

No comments: