Emma and I have been having a wonderful time with Grammy. Work is lonely and quiet with out my dearest daughter there to help, but its amazing how much easier it is to get things done. Emma and Grammy have been having a wonderful time keeping one another busy. My mom says she's a very VERY busy girl, and very hard to keep up! REALLY YOU THINK?! :) We love her anyways!
We started going to a group on Saturday mornings called Kindermusik and its for children of all ages, but the group Emma is in is ages 1 year to 3. We do lots of singing, playing with musical instruments, and lots of other fun things. Emma was a bit overwhelmed last week, as there were a lot of new things to take in. This week she participated a lot more. Her biggest issue is, get this, SHE CAN'T sit still! She doesn't like to be held down, or contained, unless its by her choice.
We went to Walmart last sunday in search of something to make Emma her very first homemade halloween costume. For those of you who don't know, growing up my Mom used to make almost all of our halloween costumes. This week Emma has gotten to help Grammy cut out her costume, sew her costume, and she even got to model part of it for us today. (She's not much help, if you were wondering! Its more like trying to juggle 50 bizzilion things at once with her help!)
This week also marked Emma's first fat lip, and lots of blood. She was playing on the patio and fell and bit her lip. Grammy went running out to pick her up, and both of them ended up with blood on them. After a few minutes she was fine. It got pretty fat, and the outside scabbed over. Mary - My child is a picker too!! We were in the BX the other day, and Emma had decided she was done with her scab, so she picked it off. (I shouldn't be suprised, Brian and I both have to pick at things.)
We've had lots of fun without our Daddy, one night we (Emma and I), took all the cusions and pillows off the big couch and made a pile of pillows to jump and climb on. Daddy would not have been overly excited by this game, but we had lots of fun!
Emma also decided this week that I didn't deserve kisses anymore. Looking through the pictures my mom took at camp I found this picture, and it reminded me that my daughter does know how to give kisses, even if she is being stingy with me!!!
Tuesday we take Grammy to the airport :( Wednesday night after dinner we get to pick Daddy up from the airport! HURRAY!!! We've missed him, even if he wouldn't have let us play with the cusions on the floor, and we can't wait to have lots of hugs and kisses from him when he returns!
2 comments:
Thanks! I love your new page for the season. Brian has been taking some GREAT pics. We found out on Monday night that Mitch's aunt and uncle will be here Thursday thru Tuesday. I'm happy for you and Emma that you get to pick up Brian later today :-).
Cute pictures of you two!! I love the one of her giving you a kiss. She is so sweet!! Almost time for another one!! : )
Post a Comment