This is our 100th post! I've been trying to ponder what the heck I was going to do for our 100th post, and I figured what about 50 things you might know about Brian, Alayna, Emma, Jake and Gus, so here it goes! (I started at 100 things but I struggled to think of that many, and figured I'd bore you all!)
1. Until recently Emma only points to Brian when asked where Daddy is. You ask her where Mommy is and she turns her head and ignores you! Thanks Kid! I didn't spend 10 months carrying you, 36 hours in labor with you, and I don't take care of you everyday or anything!
2. Jake is the biggest woose dog ever! 70 lbs, and he'll talk a good talk, but really he's trembling in fear! Take for instance when we lived in Oklahoma and Mary called me and asked if I had any butter she could borrow. I was headed to work and I was like sure, its the refrigerator, just go in the back door and get it. She asked if Jake would be a problem and I said nope, he shouldn't be. He talked a good talk to her, but cowered in the hall way staring at her!
3. Gus is VERY VERY VERY affectionate. I'm always telling my mom stories about him and his over abundance of love. She didn't believe me till she experience him (75 lbs), in her lap trying to touch as much of her as he could.
4. Most people know this but a few might not: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS BRING A MORNING PERSON!! He's one of those people where you don't say ANYTHING to him till he's spoke to you.
5. Alayna however, is ready to go and start her day as soon as her feet hit the floor! Thank goodness for dogs and Emma to talk to, until Brian is sociable!
6. We've lived in 4 states, in 3.5 years of marriage. We started in New York at Brian's Parents (~2 months), moved to New Jersey (4 months), moved to Oklahoma (~10 months) and we've been in New Mexico 2 years.
7. Emma has 13 teeth with 3 more on the way, but don't try to check, she'll bite your finger and giggle at you! (Serves me right!)
8. Jake has his special side to eat dinner on, and Gus has his. Jake always eats on the left and Gus always on the right.
9. Our storage shed is totally filled with tools, sawdust, and plastic shavings. And we wonder why we have no room in our house for anything else! But we love that Brian can go out there and escape us all if he needs a break!
10. Alayna has just started making bread for all of us. It took 3 trys by herself and try with Mom to figure out that speedy yeast doesn't work at higher altitudes!
11. We do all fit in our truck, two dogs, a kid and two adults, in the cab! Brian informed me that we can't have another child, the other day because we'd have to get a cap for the bed so we could all go places.
12. Emma loves her Dog Brothers very much. She'll give them hugs and kisses if anyone asks.
13. Jake can't have any chicken product what so ever. We have to buy special food that doesn't have chicken bi products in it, it makes him incredibly gassy and we wouldn't be able to live with him.
14. Gus turned a year old last week! When we told our friends Mitch and LeighAnn (the best dog sitters ever!) that he was only a year old, they were like "REALLY?! Well that explains some of his behaviours!"
15. Alayna works 6 hour days and gets to spend that time with Emma. Brian watched her at work one afternoon so I could go to a doctor appointment and he doesn't understand how I get any work done! Mommys are just really great at multitasking, I can hold her and work the mouse with the other hand pretty well! Now if I could just teach her to push specific buttons on the keyboard rather than the ones she wants!
16. We should find out in the next two weeks if Brian will be going to the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) next fall... but we all know that the Air Force does things when they feel like it!
17. We've been on a waiting list for a new house since April, and still no sign of getting out of our house!
18. Emma used the big girl potty a few times this summer, but then stopped. (Pee and poop the first day we put her on the potty!)
19. Jake is part hound and German Shepard, he might be something else too. If we howl he'll howl back to us. Emma even howls with us.
20. Gus doesn't stop moving. EVER! Okay, maybe after a long walk and a long hike and much playing with Jake he'll calm down and sleep, but I've seen him running in his dreams many times.
21. Brian is an excellent cook. He makes the best spring rolls I've ever had, and he has the patients to make annoying things that take a long time, unlike his wife!
22. Alayna has perfected her homemade from scratch pot pie, two crusts and everything! And it doesn't even look half bad now! (When I started it look horrible, but tasted pretty darn good!)
23. We have family snuggle time on the floor frequently, its the only place other than our king size bed where we all fit easily.
24. Emma has been learning how to jump for about a month. She can't get her feet off the ground but she makes all the right movements.
25. Jake checks to make sure I come home with Emma every single day. When she wakes up from her nap he'll pace between her bedroom door and wherever I am until I go get her. When she cries in her room he looks at us nervously as if to say "Aren't you going to go help her!" Let me tell you cry-it-out to get her to fall asleep on her own was harder on Jake than on Brian and I!
26. Gus gets in trouble almost everyday! Which is significantly better than he used to be! When Brian goes TDY he tells Gus to behave himself so he'll still be alive when Brian gets back.
27. Alayna cuts Brian's hair every other Sunday. So if his hair ever looks funny its my fault!
28. Brian gives Emma a bath every night that he's home. Its his job to give her a bath and get her dressed for bed.
29. Emma is definitely right hand dominate. She can hold a pencil, pen, crayon, or chalk just like she should. And she's a great scribbler!
30. Are you still reading? Brian doesn't like to read for fun, Emma and Alayna do, Brian was hesitate to let me get the 3rd book in the Twilight series because I disappear in my own world till I'm finished!
31. The National Anthem plays every day at 4:30 pm here. I used to have Jake trained to stop and sit and face the music... but then Gus came along, and he doesn't know how to sit still!
32. Jake can sit, lay down and shake. We've tried to teach him to roll over, but it never ends well.
33. Gus can sit, lay down sometimes, and shake if he wants your attention. We want to teach him how to stand on his back legs on command. He does it all the time when him and Jake are playing.
34. Emma eats every fruit we've ever given her. She LOVES blueberrys (a little too much) and fresh pineapple!
35. Alayna DESPISES pees! She'll eat fresh from the garden peas but thats it.
36. Brian used to not eat salad, now he eats it but its only because his wife buys crutons and lets him have lots of dressing!
37. Brian, Alayna and Emma all do the grocery shopping together, that way no one can complain about what we're eating, and no one has to go do that terrible job by themselves.
38. Half of our big hall closet is filled with Christmas/winter decorations
39. We have a bow-flex. It might get used once a month... we should probably get better about that.
40. Emma has been saying Thank You for months, its soo cute!
41. Emma can shake her head yes and no (not always at the right moment), the yes is more of a whole body motion. If you give her a look like "you shouldn't be doing that" she'll shake her head no at you.
42. We call Brian's parents almost every Sunday.
43. I talk to my mom almost every day, sometimes mutiple times a day.
44. Jake has free roam of the house when we're gone.
45. Gus gets crated when we're not home.... he's still FAR too interested in the trash, and we've caught him stealing things off the kitchen counter.
46. Brian will pin on (be promoted to) captain in June!
47. Alayna has a cousin who's in Benin, Africa right now see the link for "Melissa" at the side.
48. We are the only people still living on our loop from when we moved in to our house.
49. Emma loves to smell flowers.
50. There is never a dull moment in the Bohan House! (I can't believe you read to the end!)
1 comment:
whoa 100 huh im closer to 50 myself, my number of posts and my number on your blog are probably pretty close. looks like you guys had fun on your pumpkin adventure. as far as packages go it takes about 10 days for a Vermont bubble envelope to find its way to Cotonou, might take closer to two weeks for it to find its way from New Mexico to Bassila. sometimes i wonder the path it takes, i think it goes through france. it would be cool to track it. they told you it would get here in 5 days they must have been talking in African time, that time is almost laughable, 5 days African time is about right, 2 weeks. ha ha ill let you know when it arrives.
Post a Comment