Every year for the past 5 years Brian and I have gone on a pumpkin adventure at Halloween time. Last year, after lots of searching we settled for Walmart pumpkins... most unsatisfactory as far as Pumpkin Adventures go. The year before I can't for the life of me remember where we got our pumpkins.. I was a few weeks pregnant and nauseous and tired that's all I remember! So this year I've been asking everyone I work with, and finally one of the guys told me about a church here in town that gets hundreds of pumpkins every year and sells them as a fundraiser. Brian didn't think it was going to be any better than Walmart, though we ended up being greatly surprised and found some great pumpkins there.
We of course forgot the camera (seemed to be the trend of the weekend!), but we got a few with my phone, and we'll get a few more before and after we carve them. Here are a few that came out pretty good - for a camera phone!

Touching from afar! (I asked her if she'd sit down near the pumpkins and touch them... this is what she did!) I also asked her to blow a kiss to a scarecrow and she went up to it and actually kissed it!

Trying to lift a pumpkin
Check out the hair!! I can actually get a barrette in part of it... of course it doesn't stay (there isn't quite enough hair yet), and Emma likes to pull it out on look at it!
Brian is going to Atlanta next week, and will be home for lunch time on Halloween, so we can carve our pumpkins! We'll put more pictures up after.
No comments:
Post a Comment