There are many times where we decide to do something, and then in the process of getting ready to do it, or actually doing it, I wonder if Brian and I are crazy! We've been talking about going for our yearly fall hike in the mountains, since Brian got back from England, and between just being tired, and being sick it hasn't happened. We decided this weekend was the weekend to do it, and that we were all going, that means, Brian, me, Emma, Jake and Gus.
We didn't have Kindermusik this morning (the instructor has the flu - and didn't want to share, wasn't that nice of her?!), so we decided to put Emma down for a nap. She's going through this phase where if she doesn't think she needs a nap she doesn't sleep, and she'll play, or cry until the hour limit (she gets to spend an hour in her room during nap time, and if she's still awake we get her up). She hadn't napped much yesterday so we were expecting it to not take very long for her to fall asleep. She had a different plan.
We finially gave up and decided to go for our hike. Our dogs have this keen sense of when we are going some where they can go, and they go absoluetely biserk. Generally with Jake if we threaten to leave him home, he'll straighten out, that however doesn't work with Gus. Finially after tripping over him, Brian put him in his crate until we were ready to go.
Taking the dogs with us involves moving the car seat to the truck, putting the dog blanket in the truck (otherwise it looks like a dog died in the back), getting a jug of water for them, and their bowl, and piling everyone into the truck. Gus doesn't like to jump up in the truck, and looked at me and whined for me to pick him up. I told him he's 75 lbs, Mommy is not going to pick him up into the truck, so we compromised, and he gets most of his front into the truck, and I pick his back legs up.
We finially get everyone in the truck, including myself, and Brian looks at me and says "Honey, we can't go anywhere, the car is in the way". OOPS! Its my job to move the car out of the way, and put it back in the drive way after Brian backs the truck up. So, we're finially on the road, and I look at Brian and I say, "ARE WE CRAZY?!?" But then I turn around and I see Jake with his head out of the window, with a great big smile on his face, and Gus sitting with his head rested on our arm rest, and Emma giggling, with a great big smile on her face because her best friends are in the back seat with her. When I see them all so happy and content, we both know its worth the crazyness that happens to get us in the truck to go some where.
In the crazyness, we forgot the camera, so there are no pictures. The leaves have changed, and it was pretty, not the northeast pretty, but still pretty. Emma even walked some of the hike, at least a 1/4 mile. At the end though we had a very cracky, very hungry child. All in all though, it was totally worth it.
After our hike we stopped at the pet store for dog food. The dogs are allowed in the store, so in walks Emma, Brian, Me being dragged by Jake and Gus. We really must be a sight! I know parents who get nervous to take their 15 month old any where, much less with their two 75 lb dogs! Oh well! At least we give the people we meet in situations like that something to talk about later on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment