Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Didn't get a chance to get pictures up yesterday, we had a busy day. We had gone to a friend of Brian's from school Friday night for a little get together and stayed out pretty late with Emma, thinking oh, she'll sleep in like she always does. Well she woke up at her normal time in quite a grumpy state. We went to run some errands and she was more whiny than she'd been in a while and just wasn't quite herself. Got home, offered her some lunch, which she refused. So I offered to let her sit in my lap for a bit and see if she would eat. I noticed she felt a little warmer than normal to me, so when we headed to get her ready for nap I took her temperature and it was just over a 100 degrees.
She took a shorter than usual, especially for being overtired nap, but when she got up all she could say was "Trick-or-Treat". As the afternoon wore on she was in pretty good spirits, still not herself and her fever seemed to be lower, so Brian and I couldn't possibly deny her a chance to go trick-0r-treating. You would have never known she wasn't feeling great, Brian said she said "trick-or-treat" at almost every house he took her to, and she said "thank you" at every house, which sure did make Mommy and Daddy proud!
When we went to bed at 11pm last night, after sheet rocking some of our closet, Emma was a awake and her fever was up to 103.4. So we went ahead and gave her some more Tylenol, got her changed out of her flannel jammies, and got her to drink some water.
She was up at 5:00am this morning (stupid time change happening when my little girl isn't feeling well!), and after some serious vegging on the couch until 10, she's doing a bit better than she was and just has a cold, and a low grade fever, and some energy to play. You better believe she was asking for "treats" at 9 this morning, even though she wasn't feeling great, she hadn't forgotten about them! (She had energy to "read" Daddy Chica-Chica Boom Boom this morning, but instead of Chica-Chica Boom Boom, it was Treat-or-Treat Boom Boom!!)

This picture is actually from Wednesday when she got to dress up for story time at the library.



"CHEESE"



"Trick-or-Treat"

(I guess this is what happens when you take a little girl's picture who isn't really feeling great! Brian and I got a good chuckle out of it!)

Brian's Crazy Clown (He's such an overachiever!)

I've decided I'm done with these crazy carvings, next year I'm going back to good 'ol Jack-o-Lanterns, I whine the whole way through and I just don't enjoy doing them)

"Emma's" Pumpkin- she unloaded two or three handfuls of its insides and was done, Mommy tried to make it fun and goofy because Emma is fun and goofy!

Our Pumpkins were the talk of the street last night.

No comments: