For the second time this year I've lost my voice. Last spring I lost my voice, it took me over two weeks to fully get my voice back. Now I find myself in a similar situation.
Emma was sick last weekend, and definitely started to feel more like herself by Monday and Tuesday. Back to testing boundaries and testing Mommy. Monday evening after raking the front yard for two hours, I started to have a scratchy throat, went grocery shopping, and by the time I got home just felt terrible. So I went to bed early.
Tuesday I woke up feeling a bit better, and for the first time since Friday night didn't have a two-year-old stuck to me, so I decided to find our house under the mess that had accumulated. I got a TON done. Wednesday got up, didn't quite feel like myself, had no energy, so tried to lay low but wanted to finish some projects I'd started the day before. By Wednesday night my throat was really bothering me, and after a crummy nights sleep I woke up Thursday declaring I'd been bested by the cold that Emma and Brian had. Friday as the day progressed I lost my voice, and here I am on Saturday with NO voice, and ended up moving to the couch at 3 this morning so as not to keep my husband awake with my fitful coughing.
Two-year-olds don't respond very well to whispering, in fact they find it quite funny and laugh at their Mommy's when their Mommy's try to get them to listen.
I'm trying to take it easy and hope I get my voice back- sooner than 2 weeks from now. With Brian busy busy busy with school, and me with no voice, I can only begin to imagine the way Emma is going to push our buttons!
No comments:
Post a Comment