Thursday, May 15, 2008

3 Years!

Today is the day Brian and I get to celebrate three years of marriage! What an absolutely crazy three years its been!

Things that have happened in the last three years:
1. We lived in New York... I should say I lived in New York, while Brian was at ASBC for 2 months.
2. We signed papers to rent an apartment without even seeing the place in New Jersey... but it all worked out, it was probably the nicest place we've lived in since we've been married! (I miss the pond with the geese!)
3. We lived in New Jersey for 4 months.... got lots in West Philly, Brian took me to Hershey for the first time ever!
4. We spent Thanksgiving with our Families... Brian got to drive my mom, dad, brother and I in a snow storm to my aunt's for a late thanksgiving.
5. We moved from New Jersey half way across the country to Vance AFB, OK (where we lived for 10 months!)
6. We got a dog to see if we were worthy of children.... Good 'ol Jake, we love you buddy.
7. We spent our first married Christmas a time zone away from family, in a house we had just moved into, it was also our first Christmas away from our families
8. We spent our first married Valentine's Day trying to decide if Brian should drop out of Pilot Training... the best decision he ever made, and we don't regret it at all.
9. We spent our first anniversary in OKC (Oklahoma city), visiting the memorial, and other things.
10. We experienced the loss of my Daddy. Brian- thank you for being there to support me, even to this day, when I miss him terribly. Daddy - we love you, and hope we're making you proud!
11. While I was in Vermont with my Mom and Dad, we found out we were moving to New Mexico.. I was mad, then Brian sent me pictures of the mountains (I understand now they were probably pictures of the mountains in Northern New Mexico... oh well!), that meant we were continuing our trek further from home.
12. We moved to New Mexico in August 2006... and we're still there!! (Meaning we've spent the majority of our married life here in New Mexico
13. I found a job! (It has turned into a fantastic job... and Emma gets to go with me, and I still get to go on trips with Brian)
14. We made a baby Emma!
15. My mom and brother came out for Christmas, our first house guest since New Jersey
16. I honestly don't remember what we did last year for our anniversary... I guess you'll have that when you're 7.5 months pregnant!
17. Emma Elizabeth joined our family after 36 hours of labor and very little sleep (Brian have I mentioned you were absolutely awesome, and I couldn't have done it without you!) - we love you baby girl!
18. We traveled back east for the first time since my Dad died, introducing our baby girl to our families
19. Crazy us decided to go get another dog... Gus - I can't say I love him totally, he's been a challenge to say the least.

And that brings us to three years later! I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. It was a day kinda like it is here today. Cloudy, with the idea of showers in the sky, however even though its cooler than its been here, its still warmer I think than it was on our wedding day.
I love you Brian Bohan, thanks for making me your wife! May we have many, many more anniversaries!

NOTE: When I get home I'll find some pictures from our beautiful day.