Friday, May 30, 2008

Colorado Springs - Saturday

3 of the 49 Oryx

We're back! Actually we got back on Wednesday... but you know how it is. So we had a wonderful trip to Colorado Springs, minus a few things (like Emma deciding she doesn't sleep when we're not home.... Mommy and Daddy don't function so well on only about 5hrs of good sleep! I guess this is what we get for having a good sleeper so early on!)

We left last Saturday and drove through the missel range, north. On our way through the range we had a very exciting time... we saw 49, thats right 49, Oryx. (There was one loner, pretty uncommon as they are herd animals, and we blame it on him that we didn't see 50!) We also saw a prong horned antelope.


We stopped at Kirtland for lunch, so Emma and I can now say we've been to Kirtland AFB!

So, after having seen quite a bit of New Mexico (it took us most of the day to go the length of the state), I don't really care for the state any more than I did before. I've had people tell me this is one of their favorites states and they would live here if they could. Well guess what we live here, and I'm failing to see or understand what is so great about it! Both Brian and I would take our green New York and Vermont over New Mexico any day! (The northern part of this state isn't much different then where we live, maybe a few more hills, a little less desert.)

We arrived in Colorado Springs about an hour later than Emma would have liked, but it wasn't anything that a kids cd of songs couldn't fix... it took quite a bit of twisting Daddy's arm, but once he gave in and Emma stopped fussing all was good.

View from our Hotel

(Notice the snow on the mountain)

We took Emma for a swim before bed, and she loved the water, and had a lot of fun.

No comments: