Friday, May 30, 2008

Colorado Springs - Sunday

Sunday was a very busy day. We headed to Peterson AFB. They have a beautiful new BX and Commissary (granted its completely across the base from everything else, so we had to ask for directions). The base itself is one of the prettier bases I've seen.

Once we finished up looking around at Peterson we headed north to the Air Force Academy. Shortly after driving on to the Academy, I thanked Brian for not going there, and going to Clarkson, after all if he had gone to the Academy we probably never would have met, and there wouldn't be a little Emma in our lives!


Overlook at the Academy


Showing just how large the chapel is


The Chapel

We also stopped at the BX at the Academy and I found the most perfect birthday dress for our little fire cracker! (You all will just need to wait to see the pictures!) After the BX and some lunch, we headed to the Chapel, one of the most photographed things in Colorado Springs. It definitely is beautiful. I told Brian that some architect and engineer must have been very bored when they designed and built it! While we were standing outside looking at the Chapel, a 4 Star General and his entourage (Secret Service Agents) were all standing less then 50 feet from us. OF course we didn't figure out it was someone important till they all hoped in the two black suburbans and drove away! HAHA!



Emma Playing in the GREEN grass!



After the Academy, we headed to Cave of the Winds. Again, another cave that had its own uniqueness from the others we've seen. I had a minor attack standing on a little porch directly over a cliff, but Brian and Emma enjoyed the view, while Mommy sat on a bench as far from the edge as I could get! Dad - Thanks for passing on your fear of heights! This was the first time in my life I was completely freaked out about the height, and I told Brian it was probably because I felt confined by the porch on top of the fear of the heights!


Emma riding the horse at Cave of the Winds




We had another nice swim in the pool before bed. Emma has really become quite the water lover, she didn't even mind too bad when we put her on her back!

No comments: