We got back from New Hampshire last tuesday. What a trip! Niether Brian or I wanted to leave. It was so wonderful to see some family and friends, and to celebrate with Joanna and Brian. We both realized we miss"home" (the northeast), very very much. The greeness, the fact that there are so many beautiful things, and that most of our family is there.
Our flight Thursday went pretty well, we expierenced some of the WORST landings either one of us had ever expierenced, and Emma had some issues being still and confined that long (Mommy can only take Emma dancing on her bladder for so long before she gets a bit grumpy!) After a very sketchy cab ride to the hotel (the shuttle had stopped running for the night because it was well after midnight), and having to call the front desk because after asking, and reasking, there was no crib in our room, we got settled and all had a good nights sleep.
My mom picked us up Friday from the hotel and we all drove up to New Hampshire. It was very rainy, which my mom wasn't happy about, as its been like that an awful lot back home, but Brian and I had forgotten what rain was like so it we didn't mind.
Friday night Brian and I had "date night" aka - we got to go the rehersal dinner and rehersal without a kid in tow!! Thanks Mom!!
Saturday was the beautiful wedding! Joanna was absolutely stunning! Saturday the weather was beautiful, and just added to the beauty of the day. Saturday I pretty much had an entire day kid free! I love Emma dearly, but Mommy hadn't had an entire day to without Emma since before Emma was born! My Mom, Tom and Laura were on Emma duty Saturday night so Brian and I could go to the reception kid free. We also stayed at the camp, so we had our first overnight without Emma as well! (We were sleeping in separate, squeaky, bunch beds, so it wasn't the most romantic overnight alone ever, but it was still nice!)
Sunday we all (Tom, Laura, my Mom, Emma, Brian and I), went to Lost River Gorge and Bolder Caves. It was a beautiful hike, and everyone had lots of fun! (I'll post pictures another time.)
Monday we went to the Polar Ice Caves, which my mom remembers visiting 40 something years ago. The views were spectacular, and we did actually see ice.
Tuesday we flew home, and our darling daughter slept almost the entire way!!
Im sorry I dont have any pictures from the actual wedding, my darling husband left the camera in the car!
No comments:
Post a Comment