Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One of those Days!

No pictures for this post, just some venting.

Its one of those days when I agree with most everyone else in that IM CRAZY for bringing my daughter to work. These days are really far and few between, but for whatever reason, everything and its mother aren't working or cooperating today, this the last day this week before we head to New Hampshire.

I get to work this morning, and our other computer has crashed yesterday after I left..... not a great start to the day! In the process of fixing it, the new guy managed to completely get rid of everything.... meaning we must now reload all our files and our programs. Although its a daunting task, it normally doesn't bother me to do those sorts of things, I find them fun. Well... I find them fun when things go as they should, something that just does not seem to be happening today.

On top of the stress of work, my normally wonderful, sweet little girl has been anything but today. Its like she knew I was stressed about work, so she decided to make things even more difficult. I made this decision this weekend, that I was tired of feeding her to sleep and having to hold her for every and all naps (minus the ones she takes in the car). Well, it went okay this weekend, but work has been more difficult. I told Steve the plan as well as the secretary, and they were both on board and told me if Emma needed to cry we'd work it out. Well that was nice of them to say, but I think her crying bothers me more then them. So all day she's been fighting sleep. She's cute in that, occasionally she'll curl up on the floor with her blanky and act like shes going to go to sleep, but I think she's just fooling us!

On top of her fussyness, she had two MAJOR poopy diapers. I, unbeknownst to myself, only had one diaper in the diaper bag - on most days this would be just the right amount.... POOR PLANNING! Fortunately Steve was running home to pick his daughter up, and offered to pick some diapers up for Emma! GOOD THING! She had some nasty diaper rash the last few days, which I can only attribute to more teething?! (Maybe its time for her molars?!)

On top of that all, I've decided that Im allergic to New Mexico, the heat, the dust, and the over all yuckyness. My husband says Im crazy, you can't be allergic to a particular state, well I AM! LOL. So on top of my No good, very bad day, I have a terrible sinus headache! YEAH for me!

Fortunately its my Friday, and I can go home, put Emma down for her nap (she'll probably sleep for 2hrs, or least she did yesterday and monday), and I can pack to go to New Hampshire, which I might add, is the ONLY thing that has gotten me through the day!

Sorry for my ranting.... just one of those days! I do hope everyone else is having a much better hump day.

No comments: