Monday, February 4, 2008

7 Months!

Where have the last seven months gone?! We were just noticing in the last week how Emma has gone from being an infant to being a baby - her personality is certainly coming through, and she's starting to look like more than just a baby.

I figured this would be a fantastic time for a walk down memory lane. I certainly have not forgotten the 36 hours I was in labor with our beautiful baby girl! Someone asked Brian yesterday what day of the week she was born on, and his response was something to the affect of "Much of that week is a blur!" Yes, indeed it was quite the blur! I will NOT forget the day she was born.... having been in labor since that Monday it was such a relief to not be for most of Wednesday. So our fire cracker arrived on the 4th of July, and with two very exhausted parents became the joy of their lives.
How we smiled I dont know!
But it had to be out of relief and joy!

Brian wasn't really there, he passed out sortly after!

A VERY tired Mommy with her baby girl

The first month seems like forever ago. What I do remember was how great Emma slept, how well Jake adjusted, and how happy we were to finially have our beautiful girl here!
Emma's second month, brought her first hike, a visit from her Grammy Perry and Great Grandma Sabens, and Emma continued to change and grow. (I also remember lots of long crying spells because of terrible gas! Thank goodness thats gone!)
Emma's First Hike
(And Mommy and Daddy's first expierence with Emma's ears needing to adjust, coming down out of the mountains! Thank goodness for Grammy's who didnt mind her screaming!)

Emma with her Grammy


Month three brought a visit by Granny and Gramps Bohan and GGma. It was also the first time Brian was TDY since Emma's arrival. Emma worked on trying to sit by herself. Emma and I also returned to work.

Granny and Emma


Gramps and Emma

GGma and Emma


The fourth month Emma figured out how to sit by herself, rolled over for Mom and Dad, had her first expierence with cereal - just before she turned four months. She also expierenced her first air show (I'm sure it wont be her last!).


Emma's 5th month brough Thanksgiving - she did eat a bit of the squash and potato! And her bottom two teeth arrived!!! Rolling over also became a big part of her locomotion.
Of course her 6th month brought a trip her first airplane ride, a three state tour (New York, Vermont and New Hampshire! With brief stops in Texas and Maryland. Emma also got to go sledding, expierence Christmas, and meet her cousin and lots and lots of aunts and uncles and cousins.

Daddy and Emma

Emma sliding in NY

Emma's 7th month as certianly been adventure. She is crawling like crazy now, standing up with little effort, and getting into all kinds of mischief with these new found talents. Just this past week she's figured out how to wave, and if you wave good bye or hello to her, she'll wave back! She's also working on her balance standing up, last night watching the super bowl she stood with no help for several seconds! (The silly things parents get excited about!!! How can you not when you see the look of achievement and pride on their faces!?!) If you see the post below there is a video of Emma crawling. We've been trying to get video of her walking with her walker toy, but she gets camera shy and just stands there holding on to it! It amazes me going through these pictures how much she has changed in the last seven months. My baby girl is growing! I understand more than ever now, why, when I was walking around with her as a newborn people would tell me to enjoy her because they grow up so fast. I also understand now (or at least more than I used to!) why my Dad always told me his birthdays didnt make him feel older but mine and Nathan's did! Even at 7 months it amazes me how much shes changed, and to think we still have many more years of growing, changing and learning to go!

Emma Walking

"I can see you!"


Emma in her Sneaks! "Aren't I cool!"

As I worked on this post, my dear sweet child is teething, meaning Dr. Jekle and Mr. Hyde have been making apperances! These days the only time she snuggles is when she's tired or isnt feeling well and I soke those moments up! Happy 7th month birthday Baby Girl! How much joy you've brought to our lives!!

I apologize for the long post, but I hope you've enjoy the flashback journey! I also hope you'll continue to enjoy our journey in the future!

1 comment:

Mary said...

So sweet!! She really is beautiful!! Everything you said is so true...it goes by so fast. My baby girl will be 5 years old next month!! Keep the pictures coming....I love them!!