Teething and Emma... what other way do I explain it then my daughter is Dr. Jekyl one minute and Mr. Hyde the next. Yesterday we left work early... I had tendious work to do and amazingly tendious work with a fussy, wiggly child is near to impossible! Emma was mostly happy yesterday afternoon until about 4:00, and from 4:00 until 6:00 when Brian got home I had a screaming, super fussy child on my hands who refused to eat, play or even be held, so I sat her in her booster seat and let her cry. Once Daddy got home we had a perfect angel on our hands again.
This morning, Brian brings me a very happy, smiling kid - I think to myself "Self this could be a better day than yesterday!" - my mistake right there to make a prediction about the day so early in the day! Emma ate her breakfast with much less resistance then yesterday, and we headed to work. After taking a brief morning nap, she woke up fussy and unhappy, spent the next 45 minutes breaking my heart because she was crying in pain/discomfort. Fortunately the secretary and I are the only ones in the office this week. As I quickly tried to get the important things done so that I could pack us up and take my unhappy child home, and trying not to cry myself because my poor childwas soo unhappy, happy Emma came back!
What a roller coaster of emotions we've been on! My very good tempered child is not so good tempered when she's teething. I guess thats what you get when you have a Daddy with tough gums. I hate to think what she'd be like if she didn't have a constant dose of Baby Tylenol and orajel! For the moment I embrace the happy Emma, and mentally prepare myself for the VERY unhappy Emma to return later. I also pray these silly teeth will just hurry up and come in!
(Lets not forget, I have to take her friday to get her second dose of the flu shot.... my bet is she'll finially start to feel better and then she'll spend the weekend feeling sick from the flu shot! Yey for me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment