This post is under no circumstances meant to offend anyone, it is only my feelings, and as some of you know, I have a hard time not voicing my opinions.
Would someone please explain to me when it became show stopping, all encompassing news when a celebrity passes away?! Maybe it is just me, but the passing of what some call "A Legend" doesn't mean the rest of the news should be passed aside and forgotten.
Maybe it is because I've never idolized a famous person/band to the point of obsession. Maybe it is because I find it borderline ridiculous to idolize someone who is such a public figure that you can't really know if you're idolizing a real person. Maybe it is because I lead a sheltered boring life. Yes I have in the past been saddened to hear about the death of someone famous, honestly I find it sad when anyone passes away, but I don't feel the need to listen to their life story over and over again on the news, I don't need to listen to their music over and over again on the radio.
A friend said to me online this morning "The fact is that the talented, great performer/musician Michael Jackson, seems to have died a loooong time ago!" Yes he really had. The person walking around in Michael Jackson's body (if he had any of his own body left), really wasn't the Michael Jackson that so many people fell in love with (when I was too young to remember). People are walking around shocked that Michael Jackson passed away, SERIOUSLY?! Have you not watched the man spiral out of control over the last at least 10 years?! He clearly didn't eat enough to sustain his body for quite sometime (NO ONES FACE SHOULD BE THAT BONY).
Even the passing of Farrah Faucet was pushed aside for Michael Jackson news. Farrah Faucet passed away from cancer! There was no question of how she passed away, or the tragic way in which she passed. She wasn't the icon that Michael was, but I think one of the reasons Michael was such an icon was because he was CRAZY. Even in his passing, he's getting the show he was known for putting on back in the day. I personally would rather look at pictures of Farrah Faucet from her Charlie's Angels days (after all any woman would want to look like that, and I'm sure my husband wouldn't be terribly disappointed if I looked like that!), than watch the demise of Michael Jackson over and over again, as he made poor decision, after poor decision.
I think I'm just getting more bitter in my "old" age. I'm betting my husband is thankful he's still in New Jersey till tonight so that I can hopefully get my ranting out of my system before he has to listen to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment