PART TWO
WARNING: THIS POST IS NOT FOR THOSE WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY BLUNT STATEMENTS.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, to watch people. Most women go shopping because they love to shop, I go shopping because I love to watch people while I shop. I start watching people and get lost in it and have been known to tune out anyone with me (my husband, my daughter, friends). As much as I DESPISE Walmart it leads to some great people watching. I've found people watching on airplanes and in airports are also wonderful places to watch people. Disney also made for some fantastic people watching.
Here are a few observations and rules I've made (some of these were also observations/rules my husband made as well). Some of them irked the heck out of me, some of them I found to be quite repulsive, and others I just don't get.
~America is INCREDIBLY over weight. When they report about this on the news, they really aren't kidding. There are far too many morbidly obese people out there.
~On the same lines as above, People don't wear clothes that fit their body. I've been a culprit of this before, but I can honestly say I've never taken it to the extremes that some of our fellow American's do.
Clothing Rules that should be followed:
~If you have stomach flab hanging over the top of your pants that's one thing (it happens to the best of use sometimes), if you have so much stomach flab that it hangs over your pants down to your private parts so people wonder just how to you wipe yourself that's another. It's even worse then your shirt isn't long enough so the rest of us have to experience just how much stomach flab you have.
~Boobs come in all shapes and sizes. There are just certain shapes and sizes that MUST, I repeat MUST wear a bra.
~Along those lines, there are just soo many reasons why people SHOULD not wear tube tops one they reach a certain age, once their boobs are saggy enough that its just not attractive for the rest of the world to look at. Like wise, your tube top should not show white skin that your bikini top covered up!
~It doesn't matter your size, if your shorts are tight enough that it creates a camel toe (if you aren't familiar with this term email me personally and I'll explain), they are too tight! Your shorts or any piece of clothing should not look like it was painted on - at least in public, what you do in the privacy of your own home is totally up to you.
~While walking through an airport, scratching your private area (was not a male!) while wearing a dress is not very lady like, and very easy for the hundreds of other people in the airport to observe.
~People are appalled when women bend over and their underwear are showing, or their thong is hanging out of their pants. I'd much rather look at some underwear or a thong, than someone's very unattractive butt crack hanging out, that is big enough if you backed up, I might just be sucked up by the crack hole.
~Farting on an airplane is just plain mean to everyone around you. It also creates mothers with children with stomach issues to panic and start sniffing their child's butt only to discover the terrible smell is not coming from said child, but instead from someone around her.
~When you see a mother juggling a stroller, a back pack, and a toddler, while trying to get through security at the airport, on and off a bus, or just in general, and you stare at her like she's crazy, you're just being rude. Stop and ask that mother if you could assist her in any way. she may say she's fine, because that's just what us super mom's do in the moment, but she'll be glad to know there are actually still some good, kind, helpful people still alive in this country! (I made my husband promise if he ever saw a person struggling in such a situation to offer to help!)
~NUMBER ONE RULE FOR WALKING IN CROWDED PLACES: DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT STOP in the middle of the freakin' walk way and have a conversation. Step to the side, OUT OF THE WAY. Otherwise someone with a stroller, who is hanging on by a thread not to scream, might, and that's a VERY BIG MIGHT, run you over with their stroller, laugh at you, and walk away. Especially if its the second, third, or fourth time you've stepped in front of them, or stopped in front of them.
~People who stand in line don't want to know that you think you know absolutely everything there is to know about a ride, frankly we don't care. If we wanted to know we'd ask.
~I'm all for giving my husband a kiss, or a hug in public. However, there is a fine line between acceptable PDA (public display of affection), and outright discussing PDA, especially while waiting in lines at family parks. Go back to your hotel room if you're needing to show your significant other those sorts of affections.
Just remember whatever you do in public, there might just be someone watching. After all, all the famous people are having their lives watched and photographed. Although normal every day people don't have their lives photographed, it is a very likely possibility that someone out there, like me, is watching you.
Please comment, I'd love to hear what things you've seen while people watching- or what your feelings are on some of these instances.
1 comment:
I have a people watching moment that I shared with Nathan. When we were up in Montreal celebrating yours and Jasons 18th birthdays Nathan and I were waiting by the elevator in the art museum waiting for you guys to catch up also my feet kind of hurt. There are two elevators and people for some reason always pressed the button for the right one. One would think it would be a 50/50 chance that a person would pick the left OR right but no everyone picked the right. Which probably due to this strange behavoir made the elevator extreamly slow. So the person would wait about 15 seconds, then get tired of waiting and press the button for the left elevator too. Then what would happen next was hilarious both elevators doors would open at exactly the same moment and the person would just sit there with a dumb look on their face like 'oh god now what I have a choice' and not know what to do it would take a couple seconds for them to recover and choose one. This happened on a few occasions Nathan and I were highly entertained watching the people who were taken aback by the choice of the left or the right elevator. give your girl a kiss and a hug for me! glad to hear you had fun in disney!
-Melissa
Post a Comment