Saturday while we were Birthday Shopping for Emma, we saw some kites and decided that could make some really great afternoon entertainment for our entire family, so Brian asked Emma which characters she wanted on the kite and of course she picked the one with Tigger and Pooh Bear.
After Emma's nap Saturday, we gather up the dogs and the kid (in her stroller) and headed for the wall out behind our loop. Brian knew there would be enough room back there to fly the kite and let the dogs roam around. What we didn't account for was the prickers we always seem to pick up back there (I think this is the first time that Jake made it without us having to pluck a pricker out of his poor paw!). However, I thought about the poor stroller tires waaaay too late, and sure enough, we ended up with two tires leaking air. Fortunately they were much slower leaks than last time, and it wasn't until later that evening we realized Brian would be on Tire Repair the next day before our morning run.
It would seem (as of yesterday anyway) he was able to repair them with some goop and away we went on our run. The farthest I've run in one stretch (no stopping to walk or anything), has been 2 miles, so Brian said "Lets run to the gym and back its just under 2.5 miles". I made it! I survived all 2.4 miles to the gym and back! I ran the entire thing which was HUGE for me! I told Brian that I wasn't sure I could have run the whole way had he not been just far enough in front of me that if I stopped to walk, I knew he'd scold me and tell me to keep running. Now that I've run that far, I know that I can, and I will!
Today however, I hurt EVERY WHERE! I'm not sure if it was from the long run or the weed in the yard afterwards, or a combination of both. I'm walking around like an old lady! To top things off, yesterday while I was weeding I managed to burn my lower back (my shirt came up a bit), I have this bright red stripe across my lower back, right about where my pants sit. Silly (I feel STUPID is the better word here!) Alayna!
Today will be use the bowflex and stretch everything out again day, and tomorrow we'll see about another 2.4 mile run!
No comments:
Post a Comment