Monday, July 14, 2008

John Reed Perry Sr.

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. He had a heart attack Thursday, and while trying to put stints in on Friday, there were complications.

My grandpa was a very wonderful man, who is loved and will be missed by many. He was married to my Grandma on Valentines day 55 years ago. They raised five pretty amazing children: My Uncle John, My Uncle Matt, My Dad, My Aunt Patty (or Aunt Pat), and My Aunt Peggy (in age order). He was a fantastic grandfather to 10 grandchildren: Jason, myself, Nathan, Melissa, Ethan, Sarah, Abbie, Ashley, Daniel, and Laura. He was also a greatgrandfather to Emma.

He loved his family very much, and we all love(d) and respecte(d) him. He will be missed.

Emma and I will be flying home wednesday morning to be with our family. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Alayna,
I'm so sorry. I will be thinking about you this week!! Take care.
Love ya!

mperry421 said...

hey alayna,
please give hugs and kisses to everyone for me (not wimpy hugs either, real grampy hugs) i wish i could be there with you guys. my heart is in vermont right now. but i can feel grampy's presence around me. he lived a full life, and it's not too often that you can find someone who really truely loved and cared for every single family member in their life like grampy did. unconditional love is a hard thing to come by these days, but grampy knew how to dish it out. he was just so proud of every single member of his family, and i know that he's still very proud of us all. and think of it this way he's giving all his other great grandbabies good grampy hugs right now. just as your father knew emma before you did. i love you and take care.
-melissa

Mitch and LeighAnn Rex said...

Alayna,
I'm sorry for you loss. I know you are going through a lot right now and I wish there was something I could do. I can be here for you if you need a helping hand or just to chat.