Thursday, July 10, 2008

Keeping it Real

So my friend Mary did this on her site after visiting with her best friend from college and deciding together that most blogs are all cheery and make people look like they have the perfect lives, with no mess, the perfect children, ect. Its been one of those difficult weeks when I know that my life isn't perfect, and I don't mind, because its just part of living, so I felt inspired to follow suite.

My life is anything but perfect, its not unordinary for there to be a sink/counter full of dishes with a dishwasher full of clean dishes begging to be put away (I absolutely love when my mother or Brian's parents come and there none of these occurs! Thats the real reason you're all allowed back :-p Okay its really because we love you and enjoy spending time with you), its not uncommon for there to be large clumps of dog hair all down our hall way, or for there to be dog toys and kids toys every where, including the most unlikely of places (like the bathroom). Its not uncommon for me to loose my temper at least once with darling Gus... though to be completely fair to Gus, its far less often then normal. Its not uncommon for tears to be shed in my frustration at chasing two dogs and a kid out of trouble as Im trying to make dinner for my family, hoping that Brian gets home so its not sitting getting cold waiting for him. Brian and I, even through all of our love for one another, have occasions when we snap at one another, and most of the time its over the silliest of things! No I do not clean my house everyday! (I did when we lived in New Jersey and I had absolutely nothing to do, but that was a job, two dogs, two states, and a kid ago!)



Currently in my living room is a disheveled mess of Emma toys, dog toys, including the annoying fuzz the dogs insist on taking out of all their stuffy's. There are finger prints in the dust on the television from my darling daughter, who thinks its funny to go and turn the television on and off until Mommy gets frustrated! There is a basket of clean laundry sitting in the living room, thats been moving around the house since the beginning of the week, plus a load in the dryer, and a load in the washer that now needs to be washed again because its been in there too long.



Pile of dog toy - fortunately Emma has started bringing these

pieces to me for me to throw out!

Notice laundry basket that I should be folding instead of blogging!



Jake puked on the rug inside the back door yesterday while I was cooking dinner, so now that is outside, and now there are muddy footprints all over the dining room and dirt because the rug is missing. There is still birthday cake and party stuff on the dining room table from Friday.

This picture doesn't do the back entry justice....

you can't see the muddy footprints, but they are there!



Make our bed?! Who does that!? Who has time for that?! I do that when there are people coming over and thats it. We pulled the blankets up so that Jake doesn't sleep on our sheets during the day.


Emma - my darling sweet daughter... Well she's teething, deciding one nap is all she needs (but not quite ready to do it pleasantly and already showing signs of terrible two's! We love her but she challenges me on a daily basis. The word NO goes in one ear and right out the other.

So there it is, this house and its lovely members are not perfect. Please do not judge us - because my husband would be quite embarressed if he knew I'd posted pictures such as these. Some weeks/days you do what you can do! I hope our less then perfect pictures help someone else stress alittle less about their chaos - as Mary's did for me!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ahhhh, that was nice!! I feel even better now!! : ) Have a good day!!