Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Baby Girl!

So, a year ago tomorrow at ~2:00pm (1400 for all you military time folk), my water broke, and 36 VERY long hours later (at 156 am much less!) our beautiful baby girl was born!

Today, I took Emma for her 1 year well-baby check up! She got to wear her diaper for the weighing - gaining a bit of dignity - not that she really minds! She weighed in at a wopping 19lbs 8oz a whole 10lbs 12oz more than she started this world! She's now 29.5" (the last I measured was 29.75" - the nurse and I must measure differently because I don't think our munchkin shrunk!), a whole 8.5" longer than she was! Her weight is in the 20% - she weighs more than 20% of the kids her age, (Dr. said that's pretty common for early walkers), 75% on height, and her head circumference was off the charts at 47.7 cms (the nurse says not to under-estimate her, we assured her that she taught us that LONG ago!)
Here are some super cute pictures from the last week.
Playing in the sprinkler

Playing in the rocks and sprinkler

After playing in the sprinkler

Checking to make sure the sprinkler is still working.

I think everyone Mom thinks their baby's butt is the cutest, Im not exception!

(Her grabbing it just cracks me up!)



And the following two pictures are why we don't under estimate Emma. That's right, you are seeing correctly - she's in her bottom dresser drawer!



We will have more tributes to our beautiful girl as the week progresses and it gets closer to her VERY Special Day!!! We love you Emma Elizabeth!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I agree...baby bums are the cutest!!